Salem Quateen achieved a Master degree in Law from the university of Miami, United States in 1977.
Mr. Quateen is a Libyan politician, he was the ambassador to the Arab League in Berlin from 2000 to 2007; the Director of Civil Society in the Arab League in Cairo from 2007-2009. He served many other political and governmental positions, and represented his country in several international conferences.
Mr. Quateen is an expert in Economic Development and Democracy, International law and international human rights law.
Former ambassador of the Arab League in Germany
Functions and previous experience
- Member of the Legal Department of the Libyan Foreign Ministry (1970-1974)
- Member of the Committee study the laws and regulations of the Libyan Foreign Ministry (1971)
- Delegate of Libya's Legal Committee of the League of Arab States (1971)
- Delegate of Libya in the Arab Committee of Experts on the Law of the Sea (1971-1974)
- Rapporteur of the Legal Committee of the Project Committee on the Use of Atomic Energy (1972)
- Member of the Libyan delegation to the United Nations (Geneva - Switzerland 1972)
- Member of the Libyan delegation to study the transport law Maritime International (Geneva -1973)
- Member of the Committee of Arab Experts on the Law of the Sea in the scope of the Arab League (Cairo -1973)
- Head of Legal Department of treaties - and the Libyan Foreign Ministry (1977 -1979)
- Member of the Commission to Study the substantive aspects arising from the laws issued in the United States (1977)
- Member and legal adviser to the Libyan Permanent Mission to the United Nations (New York -1979 to 1982)
- Delegate of Libya in the Legal Committee of the United Nations (New York 1979 -1982)
- Participation in the work of the Third Conference on the Law of the Sea (Geneva, -1982)
- Member of the Drafting Committee of the Arab International Convention (New York and Geneva, (1981-1982)
- Participation in the work of the sixteenth session of the United Nations Committee (Geneva 1983)
- Director of Department of Treaty and Legal Affairs of the Libyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs (1984 -1989)
- Chairman of the Libyan delegation to meetings of experts and Muslim nations (Jeddah -1985)
- Member of the Libyan delegation to meetings of the Board of Civil Aviation of the Arab countries (Rabat, -1986)
- Member of the Libyan delegation to meetings of the International Civil Aviation Organization (Montreal - Canada 1986)
- Libya's ambassador in Sri Lanka and the Maldives (1989-1997), dean of the corps and the Arab and foreign (1994-1997)
- Director General Department of Treaties and Legal Affairs in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Libya (1997-2000)
- Chairman of the Libyan delegation in bilateral agreements with the Czech Republic (1999)
- Ambassador of the Arab League in Germany (2000-2007)
- Director of Civil Society - the Arab League, Cairo (2007-2009)
PhoenixBird Diversity Management GmbH
PhoenixBird Diversity Management GmbH is a German consulting firm, supporting private, public and nonprofit organizations to transform and improve their performance for long-term success.
We create value for our people and our clients by promoting diversity, fostering a culture of inclusion, and supporting a healthy work-life balance.